Monday, October 17, 2011

Lally....one year ago

Picture with Nanny and her mum Lally when Lally first met me in the hospital.....I was one day old
On Saturday we went on a picnic with all of our family.  Mummy said it was because it had been one year exactly since Lally (my Great Grandmother) had gone to heaven and we were going to celebrate her life.   Kind of like a birthday I said, but with out the birthday girl being there....hmm, kind of, maybe?? What I do know for sure is that when someone goes to heaven you can't go and visit them at their house anymore or see them ever.   I am glad though that Lally is in heaven with Sasha, because she really, really liked dogs and she will throw the ball for her for sure.  Also she is with a lot (most) of her friends and 9 of her 12 sisters and brothers.....I know this because I overheard her telling Mummy one day that she has more friends and relatives...up there...you know (well, she pointed to the sky?) than she does here, so we were supposed to not feel so sad when she did go...you know, up there!!!
My last time visiting Lally she was in her bed because she was very sick and she was telling me about all her brothers and sisters....almost enough to have 2 netball teams!!   She use to sleep in the same bed as a lot of her sisters and they all fought over the blankets because they didn't have enough blankets and they would get cold....she told me other things as well but that's mostly what I remembered from that time.




Lally holding my cousin Jack when he was a baby...so little and cute...what's with the boxing gloves?

I do remember when I was a little girl Nanny and Grandpa would take me to church and afterwards we would go to visit Lally.  I use to like to collect her mail out of the letterbox ( actually I had a thing about letterboxes, I liked to look in them...anyones!!) Lally started leaving me little presents in there and every Sunday for a few years it was exciting to see what I was going to get!!    Mummy tells me now, that Lally use to go to the local charity store (St Vincent de Paul stores) and buy these little things, books, stuffed toys, trinkets etc.....Sometimes I received  things that actually use to be mine as Mummy would've had  aclean out and given stuff away to charity....ONLY for Lally to buy it all back!!!!

Lally and I having an ice cream at Araluen in September 2006, a couple of weeks before Luc was born....when I was still the "favourite"!!

Lally and Mummy on my cousin Sari's 2nd birthday
Lally feeding havana on my 6th birthday in 2008, cousin Havana was 8 days old!!
Lally in 2007 on Nanny's 70th birthday.  Lally used to say....you know you're old when your kids are pensioners!!

Lally at her house in November 2009, Luc and I had ridden our bikes to her house and Jack and Sari had come to visit as well.  Lally wore a wig as she lost all her hair when she had chemo.

We all miss you Lally but we know you will be having fun wherever you are and probably a beer or 2 and singing some songs. 
xxxx

PS: I also just remembered something...Lally really, really liked frilly curtains...she had them in every room and Nanny told me when she left her hosue she made sure to remember to say good bye to her curtains!

No comments:

Lucs confirmation

Random I know.... Im posting on my blog for the first time in 2 years!!!  Ive been wanting to post some very long overdue updates in so l...