Sunday, February 21, 2010

Swimming to Rottnest

Uncle Carl and his brother Dane swam to Rottnest on Saturday!! Mummy, Luc and I got up at 4.45am and went down to Cottesloe Beach to see the start of the race! I'm still not sure why they just didn't catch the ferry like we usually do but anyhow....seemed to be a popular idea as 2300 people were swimming, with about 900 boats going across as well. Uncle Carl and Dane managed to swim the 19km's and avoid being eaten by sharks in 6 hours and 36 minutes!!! How amazing is that....I bet they were pretty tired after that!! I'm tired just thinking about it!!!


 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Lucs confirmation

Random I know.... Im posting on my blog for the first time in 2 years!!!  Ive been wanting to post some very long overdue updates in so l...